Fields: Political Economy, Public Economics, Labor Economics, Development
18- “The Impact of Individual Wealth on Posterior Political Power”, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization 106, 469-480, 2014.
17- “Strengthening State Capabilities: The Role of Financial Incentives in the Call to Public Service” (with Ernesto Dal Bó and Fred Finan), Quarterly Journal of Economics 128 (3), 1169-1218, 2013. Download working paper version
16- “Frustration, Euphoria, and Violent Crime” (with Ignacio Munyo), Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization 89, 136-142, 2013.
15- “The Labor Market Return to an Attractive Face: Evidence from a Field Experiment” (with Florencia López Bóo and Sergio Urzúa), Economics Letters 118 (1), 170-172, 2013. Download working paper version
13- “Conscription and Crime: Evidence from the Argentine Draft Lottery” (with Sebastián Galiani and Ernesto Schargrodsky), American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 3 (April), 119-136, 2011. Download working paper version
12- “Money for Science? The Impact of Research Grants on Academic Output” (with Daniel Chudnovsky, Andrés Lopez, and Diego Ubfal), Fiscal Studies 29 (1), 75-87, 2008. Download working paper version
11- “The Impact of Electricity Sector Privatization on Public Health” (with Martín González Eiras). In Privatization for the Public Good? Welfare Effects of Private Intervention in Latin America. Alberto Chong (editor), Harvard University Press, 2008.
10- “Corruption and Inefficiency: Theory and Evidence from Electric Utilities in Latin America” (with Ernesto Dal Bó), Journal of Public Economics 91 (5-6), 939-962, 2007.
9- “Labor Productivity Change Estimates as an Input for X-Factors.” In Regulatory Economics and Quantitative Methods: Evidence from Latin America, Omar Chisari (editor), Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd, 2006. Download working paper version
8- “Do Regulation and Ownership Drive the Efficiency of Electricity Distribution? Evidence from Latin America” (with Antonio Estache), Economics Letters 86 (2), 253-257, 2005.
Case for International Coordination of Electricity Regulation: Evidence from the
6- “How Different is the Efficiency of Public and Private Water Companies in Asia?” (with Antonio Estache), The World Bank Economic Review 16 (1), 139-148, 2002.
5- “Technical Change and Efficiency Measures: The Post-Privatization in the Gas Distribution Sector in Argentina”, Energy Economics 23 (3), 295-304, 2001. Download working paper version
4- “On the Regulatory Applications of Efficiency Measures” (with Christian Ruzzier), Utilities Policy 9 (2), 81-92, 2001.
3- “La Hipótesis de Eficiencia en los Mercados de Acciones. El Caso del Mercado de Valores de Buenos Aires”, Economica XLVI (1), 37-69, 2000.
2- “Función de Costos en la Industria de las Administradoras de Fondos de Jubilaciones y Pensiones en la Argentina: Un Análisis de las Modificaciones Regulatorias” (with Daniel Braberman, Omar Chisari, and Lucía Quesada), Revista de Análisis Económico 14 (1), 121-142, 1999.
1- “El Costo de Capital en Empresas Reguladas: Incentivos y Metodología” (with Omar Chisari and Martín Rodríguez Pardina), Desarrollo Económico 38 (152), 953-984, 1999. Download working paper version (in English)
- "Peer Pressure and Externalities: Evidence from a field experiment" (with Bruno Cardinale Lagomarsino, Matías Gutman, Lucía Freira, María Laura Lanzalot, Maximiliano Lauletta, Leandro Malchik, Felipe Montaño Campos, Bianca Pacini, and Christian Valencia). Working Papers - UdeSA 125, 2015.
- "The impact of restrictions to exports on production: A synthetic controls approach" (with Ezequiel Garcia Lembergman and Rodolfo Stucchi). Working Papers - UdeSA 124, 2015.
- "Evaluación de Impacto de un Programa de Inclusión Social y Prevención de Violencia Estudiantil" (with Maria Amelia Gibbons). IDB Working Paper 624, 2015.
- "Money for Wine? Complementarities in the provision of private and public goods to wine producers" (with Maria Amelia Gibbons and Alessandro Maffioli). 2015.
- "The Impact of Going to School at Night on Teenage Risky Behavior" (with Ana Reynoso). Working Papers - UdeSA 121, 2015.
- "Land Reform and Violence: Evidence from Mexico" (with Tommy Murphy). Dondena Working Paper 72, 2015.
- "Real Exchange Rate, the Wage Gender Gap and Domestic Violence" (with Ignacio Munyo). IDB Working Paper 618, 2015.
- "Career Choices and the Evolution of the College Gender Gap" (with Christian Ruzzier). Working Papers - UdeSA 120, 2015.
- "The Econometrics Approach to the Measurement of Efficiency: A Survey." Working Papers - UdeSA 117, 2015.
- "Family Business: Causes and Consequences of Political Dynasties." Working Papers - UdeSA 114, 2014.
- "Legislative Effort and Career Paths in the Argentine Congress" (with Mariano Tommasi). IDB Working Paper 378, 2012.
- "Giving a Second Chance: An After-School Program in a Shantytown" (with Alejandro Cid). Working paper UM_CEE_2011-08, 2011.
- "Impact Evaluation of a Program of Public Funding of Private Innovation Activities. An Econometric Study of FONTAR in Argentina" (with Andrés López and Ana Maria Reynoso). OVE working Paper 0310, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE), 2010.
- "Regulatory Agencies: Impact on Firm Performance and Social Welfare" (with Antonio Estache). Working Paper ECARES, 2009.
- "El Impacto de la Privatización del Sector Eléctrico en la Salud Pública" (with Martín Gonzalez-Eiras). Research Department Publications 3229, Inter-American Development Bank, 2007.
- "Evaluating A Program of Public Funding of Private Innovation Activities. An Econometric Study of FONTAR in Argentina" (with Daniel Chudnovsky, Andrés López and Diego Ubfal). OVE working Paper 1206, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE), 2006.
- "Have Consumers Benefited from the Reforms in the Electricity Distribution Sector in Latin America?" (with Antonio Estache). Policy Research Working Paper Series 3420, The World Bank, 2004.